One of Ellen’s holiday family traditions is trying a brand new recipe each year. This year’s is this yummy Brussels sprouts recipe. Let’s try it out together!
PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 15 min
SERVINGS: 8 servings
• 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
• 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
• 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
• 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
• 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place Brussels sprouts in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven.
2. Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; drizzle over Brussels sprouts. Add hazelnuts and orange peel; gently toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Just before serving, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
This recipe is from Taste of Home.